- 2 large red bell peppers cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 mango peeled, pitted, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 papaya peeled, seeded, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 small red onion finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups macadamia nuts
- 6 6 ounce yellowtail or red snapper fillets
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine first 10 ingredients in large bowl and stir to blend.
- Season salsa to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place flour in shallow bowl.
- Whisk eggs in small bowl to blend.
- Finely grind nuts in processor. Transfer nuts to another bowl.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- Coat fish with flour.
- Dip fish into eggs, then macadamia nuts, coating completely.
- Repeat for every fillet
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in each of 2 heavy large skillets over medium heat.
- Place 3 fillets in each skillet; cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer fillets to large baking sheet.
- Bake fish until just opaque in center, about 7 minutes.
- Divide salsa among 6 plates.
- Top with fish and serve.