- 1 halibut collar devided into parts (2 to 4)
- 2 TBSP miso paste
- 1 TBSP Oil
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 1 tsp mirin
- 1/2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 in handfuls of baby bok choy cuthalf and quickly blanched and dried
- 1 lbs cleaned little neck clams optional
- 1 shallot finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1/2 cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- Fresh lemon wedges or a balsamic glaze
Prepping the fish:
- Combine the miso paste, curry paste, lemon juice, oil and mirin. Mix well.
- Slather onto the collar pieces and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat broiler to high.
- Place slathered halibut collars onto a cookie sheet, skin side up.
- Broil for several minutes until fish and sauce start to blacken
- Flip fish over and repeat.
- Meanwhile, in a saute pan melt the butter and saute the shallot and garlic until tender.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes - add the clams and cover the saute pan.
- Allow to cook until the clams open (a couple minutes). Remove the clams to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the chili sauce to the remaining liquid and allow to simmer until liquid is thickened; approximately 5 minutes.
Finishing the dish:
- Toss the bok choy in the sauce and remove to your serving platter(s).
- Pour remaining sauce from the pan into the bottom of your serving platter(s) and top with the cooked halibut and add the clams to the plate.
- Serve with wedges of lemon or drizzle with a balsamic glaze.